New boiler vibrating Loudly!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
recently had a new boiler fitted and everytime the hot water is turned on the boiler vibrates very loud and the water is only luke warm even though the temperature is on full???

Sponsored Links
How Recently?

First things to do check the pipes.

4 pipes and one that goes out the wall

CHF HW GAS CW CHR

are normaly the pipe setup check the pipes and make sure in hot water mode CW pipe or mains is cold if its hot its back to front ive seen so many plonkers put them the wrong way around. you will need to get the installer back.

If thats ok check the CHF pipe central heating flow if that gets hot then the plate heat exchanger to the hotwater circit is blocked up.

Also turn the Central heating off so its fully dead and try the tap again, If it works then you know its not the water flow switch as it brings the boiler on.

there are some things to look out but please reply with more details on the boiler so we can look up the manual and offer some advice

System sludge in the bottom of the main HE.

Bet it is a giannoni HE?

Sponsored Links
ill have a look see what make it is was only fitted a month ago but its the 1st time the hot water has been used since it was fitted as its a house thats under refurb and the bathroom has just been fitted so 1st time the hot water has been run properly but i know the bloke who fitted it checked the hot water and it was ok when he fitted it. It does it when you turn the central heating on but only for a few seconds then the vibrating stops

So what does the installer have to say about it?

More to the point what is he going to do about it?

Tony

havent spoke to him yet as wanted to get an idea of what it could be so ive got some ammunition so he dont try and fob me off

He is not in a position to fob you off if the boiler he installed is not working correctly.

Even if its a manufacturer's fault he should still co-ordinate getting them to fix it.

Be aware that if he calls the manufacturer and when they come they find its his fault then it could well be a chargeable visit at about £90. Thats his responsibility because:-

XXX It was his faulty installation which caused the fault.

XXX He was too stupid to know what was causing the fault.

Tony

XXX It was his faulty installation which caused the fault.

XXX He was too stupid to know what was causing the fault.

Tony

I know you are trying to make friends Tony, but blowing strangers kisses is a bit OTT :eek: :LOL:

Gas valve out of calibration :idea:

Has the benchmark cert been filled in, and does it read exactly as the data in the manufacturers info

not sure about the cert see ive replaced all the pipework to the bathroom kitchen and moved some of the rads and changed all the hot water 22mm pipework for 15mm pipework then he connected upto what id done i just wanna make sure its not happening because of anything ive done my end i dont think it is just checking really

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back