New Bosch dishwasher won't drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just plumbed in our new bosch dishwasher, but the water will not drain out at the end of the cycle - it just humms. I've tried terminating the programme, making sure there are no kinks in the pipe and checking the filters look ok inside the machine. Is there some way I can check the actual pump is working?

Sponsored Links
i was never tained on dishwashers, but try this:

lay the outlet hose on the the floor (say in a baking tray, as it is low)
doesany water come out? if yes check pump, if no check pipe / filter for blockage

as it is new what does the maual say? is there something you have to do first?

I had this problem too! I had connected the waste to a Ubend under the sink which has a side pipe for dishwashers or washing machines. What I didn't notice was that this piece wasn't open, you have to cut the end off!

The engineer was very nice about it when he came and found my mistake, he said it is a common problem!!!

Lol ! Easy mistake, I did that once as well. I think it's to do with living and learning.

Sponsored Links
I had this problem too! I had connected the waste to a Ubend under the sink which has a side pipe for dishwashers or washing machines. What I didn't notice was that this piece wasn't open, you have to cut the end off!

The engineer was very nice about it when he came and found my mistake, he said it is a common problem!!!

Sorry to dig this one up, but saved me a hefty call out fee. V easy to do. Thanks to this simple fix, Ive joined. Thanks

Depending on the model you have, if you remove the filters you will see a small hex screw in the sump, undo this screw & remove the small cover, this will expose the impellor of the pump see if any foreign objects are jamming it, this method should be in your instruction book. Good luck

Well, since it has already been "bumped" once...

I would just like to say

DOH!!!!

My new dishwasher is now draining nicely after reading this and seeing that I too forgot to cut off the end of the side pipe!!

I have a problem with my bosch :?: dishwasher - having just added more salt to it and some cleaning substance the machine now fails to drain. Any thoughts would be gratefully recieved. Thank you.

I tried pushing water through the outlet which had previously worked and using dishwasher cleaning fluid.

INcredibly simply taking the dishwasher out of its hole shaking it and putting onto its side and back again worked when the other techniques didn't :LOL:

I've pretty regularly had this issue with the Bosch and once again this morning. Removing the Hex screw and just pushing the white plastic propeller round a few times always fixes it, even when there is no obstruction in there.
I use a dishwasher cleaner in it once a month on full cycle and it seems to help... no idea why. Its like the propeller or the pump behind it forget to work.
The other thing to watch out for with this flawed dishwasher, is the white plastic block on the back where the waste pipe enters. If your waste pipe is at a slight angle when you push it back under the work surface, the white block pops out and the dishwasher doesn't work... again, no idea why. The wonders of German engineering....

Depending on the model you have, if you remove the filters you will see a small hex screw in the sump, undo this screw & remove the small cover, this will expose the impellor of the pump see if any foreign objects are jamming it, this method should be in your instruction book. Good luck

Thanks to darky I now have a working dishwasher again :)

Thanks so much for the help, tradie husband had looked all over the machine and could not get it to work. I suggested having a look on the site, and 5 mins later and much swearing he realised he needed to drill a hole in the pipe. only taken 25 years to get a dishwasher.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back