New Bosch Drill unit - wobbling head

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a new Bosch drill unit - just the unit.

The head wobbles. You can see it visually on the bottom part quite clearly.
I've tried screwing the screw bit in harder - still the same.
The screw tip can be seen to wobble slightly - much much less than the bottom of the head.

Now... I bought a double battery unit from Amazon.
This one looks pretty good.
BUT... it DOES wobble - just slightly... you have to look a little harder.

What shall I do?

I got a bargain for the bare unit with case for £29.99 delivered.
I've got 2 batteries - so I thought too good to say no to!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
if the drill wobbles you will get wobbly holes. That's no good unless you can buy wobbly screws you will have to search Amazon for those though as most people sell straight screws. Failing all that send the damn thing back, good grief.

@pete50 point taken ;)
The unit has a 3 year warranty...
I was thinking send back... or just take up with Bosch

Having said all of that... the unit from Amazon DOES wobble - just a little!
But... I think I'll contact the seller first though, give them a chance.

Thanks

It’s quite possible to tighten s bit in a drill out of line . Try a drill bit and touch the side of the bit against a flat surface while running to test for true.

Sponsored Links
tried with nothing in
still wobbles
if it was just a tiny bit, i wouldnt mind
but it's visible a lot
so i think i'll return

hex drive or chuck??
model number ??
pro blue
or diy green??
cant comment really without knowing what you have
your contract is with the seller so the maker may or may not send you via the seller
they will need proof off purchase what ever you do

@big-all i made a video just to show u guys...
see this link: vimeo.com/249130249
let me know what you think

Looks to me like it is just the chuck cover that is wobbling I can't see any movement in the centre of the bit. Have you tried drilling a hole as that is when you will tell if it is not spinning true.

yes i agree not a problem as such just a visual problem wont effect the operation

i havent tried a drill yet
i was thinking... if it wobbles so much... then a drill bit would be wobbling much more
i've contacted seller already
but i'll give it a go first with drill
thanks for all replies

run the video and sheild your eye from the black plastic parts and look at the metal jaws only and see iff they look other than running true ??

Why not insert a drill bit, as long as you like, and video that. I'd bet that it will rotate perfectly true.

to be honest if it was £40 then ok maybe no wobble it would be fair but at £30 just live with it its a good price

guys...
i drilled some holes in wood that was 15mm thick

the hole made by the good drill from amazon looks much more clean

>> run the video and sheild your eye from the black plastic parts and look at the metal jaws only and see iff they look other than running true ??
the tip of the drill does wave - only a little

>> to be honest if it was £40 then ok maybe no wobble it would be fair but at £30 just live with it its a good price
maybe i'm getting greedy!
i bought the dual battery drill from amazon for £50 on a black friday deal! :)
i love the drill. i have 2 batteries... and then saw this other one for sale - brand new - body only with case for under £30... i couldnt resist!

Nothing wrong with that, its only the plastic cover that's wobbling, the important part that holds the drill etc is fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back