New build doors and bi fold doors.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, hoping for some help on this.

First off, my doors are daft sizes due to it being a reasonably new build (5-6 years old).

I have had to take my living room door off, and a cupboard door in the bedroom due to daft placing. The living room door when open was right in the way, and the cupboard in the bedroom was the same way (a TV is mounted in the cupboard so it's open often).

First concern is the bedroom cupboard, really want a door in there.

My thoughts are either a bi fold door, or double doors. Problem is, my measurements. 2040 x 726. I'm told this is a new standard for metric purposes.

I cannot find any bi-fold doors, or double doors, and for that matter very few normal doors for that size. The new standard my foot!.

I'm really not into hacking apart, putting edges on, etc. Does anyone know of a source for bi-fold/double doors for this daft size?

Failing that, someone who would make custom sizes. I contacted a few and they said no...kind of confused at how that's custom.

Or any other ideas. I thought of sliding doors, but that either involves knocking down the wall, or an ugly mechanisim on the outside. Plus theres no doors the right size anyway.

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back