New build heating system buzzing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've recently moved into a new build house and when i moved in the heating system was fine and almost silent.

The other day I came home and noticed a loud buzzing/humming like something was vibrating and because of the stud wall construction, the sound was loudly reverberating around the house.

I tracked this down to being in the cupboard where the hot water tank is stored. I have a boiler which heats the water and the tank also has an emersion heater as a backup. The emersion is never on.

Before I go back to the builder I wanted to get some advice from those who are more experienced at this than me. the fact that this was almost silent suggests that there is something wrong here. Can anyone tell me what it might be and if theres anything I can do to remediate it?

Any help apreciated!

Sponsored Links
Possibly the pump if it is in the cupboard.
Could be one of the zone valves has closed and there is no by pass fitted.

Thanks for the reply.

I gather then, it's not something I can deal with?

And I also assume I am right to report to the builders? Some of the stuff I have reported to them they have dismissed as normal so I want to be as clued up as I possibly can before approaching them.

Sponsored Links
report the buiders for what ? and to who ? you would be better finding out what the problem actually is before doing anything else

It might be the two port valve on the cylinder if its a sunvic as the forces from the moving magnetic fields make the wires physically move at the same frequency; when they move, they move the air, creating sound waves that you hear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back