New Build - Ideal HE24 - Furthest Radiator Going Cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
your advice would be greatly appreciated.

We have recently moved into a new build property. 4 bedroom, study, large kitchen, sun room. 16 radiators throughout.

We are having a problem with the radiator in the sun room. When the system fires up the radiator is piping hot and heats the room. However when the target temperature is reached and the system is topping up it gradually gets colder until its almost fully cold.

This room is fully insulated and supposed to be an intergral living space as part of the rest of the house. It does however have lots of windows (double glazed), th rad is situated on the outside wall and it is the rad furthest away from the boiler.

All the rads downstairs have no adjustable TRV's. The living space is supposed to be a uniform temperature.

The following has been tried:

1. All rads bled. There was some air in the system.
2. Pressure topped up.
3. System rebalanced by professional.

During the cold snap the kitchen was 21C and the sun room (we have renamed cold room) was 8C. Last night the house was 21C and the cold room 12C.

Other houses in the development with the same house have the same problem.

Your thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Any room with lots of windows will be cold. Have a look at the sticky on balancing your system. Better doing it yourself as you've got loads of time.

depending on size of the entire system, 1st thing i'd look at is the expansion vessel size.

the vessel is like the 'bellows' of the system, they're not big at all in that size boiler, they're intended for 1-2bed homes with 1 bathroom.

plus undersized expansion vessels burst for a past time becauase they're over worked.

i could be incorrect but its the first place i'd look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back