new build radiator pipes what are they called

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a radiator upstairs that is leaking from the pipe where it joins the thermastat. i have never seen pipes as thin as these they are definately not your normal 19 copper pipe. it is a new build house so don\\\'t know if it is modern type of pipe. what are they called and are they easily replaced and are they pushfit or soldered? they look soldiered cause they are very thin even the bend to the thermastat. i have tried tightening the bolt to the pipe, it has slowed but still leaks.
please help any comments are greatly appreciated!
mark :confused:

Sponsored Links
most central heating copper to rads is in 8, 10 or 15mm

most likely the olive is gubbed.

if it wont tighten anymore then it needs to come off for a look and maybe a new olive.

Most new builds around my area are all plastic pipe except the gas. As it is new build, call the customer services dept of the builders or see the site manager if building is still in progress and get plumbers back to fix. You have a 2 year warranty on almost everything on new build ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back