New C.H. Pump Running all the Time?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had to have out pump on our Gas central heating replaced by an engineer after the summer as the other one had given up the ghost.

The new pump itself is mechanically quiet, but there is now a permanent 'water flowing through pipes' noise in the boiler cupboard, which is much louder than it used to be. The Noise and the pump also seems to be on all the time while power is supplied to the boiler/controller, not just when the hot water or central heating are active.

I was under the impression that the pump should only be on while the boiler is fired up, is this right?

It's a Myson Boiler (can't remember the number right now, but not a big one)

I'm wondering if I just have a noise problem or whether I also have a electrical control problem too, they guy who fitted it was not the cheapest and I want to get my facts right if I need to phone him again!

Sponsored Links
PUMP should not run 100% of time. poss pump overrun board or stat problem related to initial pump fault .did it blow fuses originally ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back