New ceiling Spotlight - too many wires

There definitely weren't any Earth Cables.
Had i kept a note of which cable was which, i would have been ok, but as i didn't, I may just play it safe and ask one of my brothers friend's to fit it, as he's an electrician and i seem to be in over my head.
NO neither you nor anyone else can fit this light without an earth. No earth no light.
I certainly don't want to end up electrocuting myself.
A possibility if you fit this light.

Sponsored Links
Good point, i think definitely a job for an electrician, i'll go for safe rather than sorry.

Thanks again

George

NO neither you nor anyone else can fit this light without an earth. No earth no light

No worries, i did say:

i'll return it tomorrow and buy a safe one

I meant i'll get him to fix the new, safe one (or that i would have been ok fitting the new safe one, had i kept a note of which wire was which!

But your spot on, safety first. I'll call the electrician after my shopping trip tomorrow!

Thanks again, in future the brother can sort stuff out, i get lumbered with it every time! :D

George

Sponsored Links
I suppose there could have been earth wires twisted together and shoved in the ceiling void.

OR, since it's an old council house it may be single wires in metal earthed conduit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back