ceiling rose connection block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hopefully a simple one?!.. I need to replace an old ceiling light with some spotlights. The existing set up has the 3 black, 3 red and earth wires. I've identified which one is the switch live wire, etc.. My problem is the supplied connector block attached to the new fitting, it only has 3 connector blocks, L,N and E. How do I connect the red 'loop' wires into this fitting?? Do I have to have an extra small plastic connector block to house the 3 loop wires, and does it 'float' next to the existing connector block??.. cheers..

Sponsored Links
yeah if there is room you can use a single peice of connector block or a crimp as long as it's inside the fitting

cheers for that!.. I'm sure I'll be posting more problems shortly!

Just to iron out any doubt- you don't connect the loop to the fitting - just put the lives in a block or crimp of their own.

Sponsored Links
thanks again!.. I'll invest in some connection blocks! It's ironic that I've yet to change a light fitting where the wiring matches the instructions with the fitting!, it's probably to discourage hapless diy'ers like me from blowing themselves up! cheers.

most fiitings are imports and assume a single feed cable

most light wiring in the uk loops in at the fitting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back