Changing From Ceiling Rose to Modern Light.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have recently had the electrics rewired including the lights. In one room I want to replace the ceiling rose (which is in downstairs loop) with a modern light fitting. The new light just has a 3 block connector L, N, G, but the ceiling rose has 3G, 2N, 3L, 1L, 1N with L sleve, plus 2 wires going from the block to the light.

Does anyone have a diagram or can explain how to convert this for the new light? I have limited space and can't push a large connector through the ceiling hole, but could put a block connector assembly through.

Thanks

Rose

Sponsored Links
electrics:lighting:chockblockhar1w.gif

Hint- It's in the on site wiki :D

Fantastic, what a star, thank you for the taking the time to find that.

I'm guessing you agree with that, I thought Wikipedia was full of rubbish though, from jokes on tv etc, is it a reliable source I've never been on there?

Thanks Rose

Sponsored Links
Just as a PS.

The terminal block in the diagram must not be just shoved up into the ceiling cavity.
Preferably it should be housed in the light fitting but there is usually not enough room.
In that case the term block should be enclosed in something like one of those "chockboxes". Or use one of the many terminal boxes designed for the purpose.

Has anyone used the circular dry lining boxes?

the type specifically for lighting roses, might be a good shout in this situation.

used em for fire alarms, never for a ceiling rose though.. but that's mainly because the ceiling rose will be mounted right next to a joist so that you have something to screw the rose into..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back