New Cental Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

We've fitted new CH pipes (JG layflat speedfit) for a brand new CH system. Checked for leaks and all ok but still no boiler nor radiators fitted. But I have a few questions we'd be really grateful for help with.

1. What's the best inhibitor to use with the Layflat pipes?
2. Do we need a descaler fitted? If so, any recommendations?
3. Do we need a MagnaClean or something similar?
4. Where do we fit a pressure equalising valve?

Also, can you guys please recommend a brand or even boiler? Had a WBosch approved plumber come the other day to spec system, etc and fit. He was really unhelpful and rude (to me and 8 month pregnant wife!!!). Refused to discuss job as needing to install now and move in a few months when extension is built. Also said could install unvented cylinder but never heard of G3 certification when I asked if he had it! Said he would give me "papers" though. :) All in all he's put me off WB altogether. Heard of a German brand that's meant to be very good but can't remember the name (not one I've heard before but well regarded and can't find post now!).

In terms of boiler the house is now about 120m2 but this will double with the extension. Also the extension will have about 40-50m2 of wet UFH. What I wanted the WB installer to fit was a combi serving the one existing bathroom and kitchen suitable for extension heating needs. And then when the extension is done add a 300l unvented to feed 3 ensuites. Is this a sensible or even possible option? It would save us having to move both the boiler and unvented cylinder later this yr.

Thanks for all your help. Also if anyone knows a good seasoned and FRIENDLY plumber in Uxbridge plz PM his details.

Thanks again!!!

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry but I don't understand. I only asked for help/advice on a forum? I've reread the post and it seems polite to me.

If your comment is in reference to the gas man we asked to quote for a job it's really not fair for you to say I have attitude. The man shouted at me and my heavily pregnant wife, stormed passed me and into the house just as I opened the door to meet him, wanted to the put the boiler in every room (including the loft which will be converted) except for where we asked him (ground floor cloakroom with external side wall - he didn't even go to look at that room), etc. and stormed off into the street saying whatever builder does the extension will have a plumber so to use him. At all times my wife and I were polite and respectful despite the aggressive manner in which he spoke (shouted) and conducted himself. So again, please don't say i or my wife have attitude when we were shocked by the manner in which we were treated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back