New Central Heating system now 4 years old - flush ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a new Central Heating installed 4 years ago.

This was all new pipes, rads combi boiler. ( Was storage heaters before we moved in)

The system is running fine but I do want to look after it.

Should I drain the system and put some X400 in for a several hours and then drain and fill with x100 or should I wait a some more years ?

Would it be worth getting a Magnaclean fitted ?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
I congratulate you for wanting to look after your system(don't forget the boiler service) Fit a magnaclean or similar and check the water colour when its being fitted. No need to add 400 if it's clean, but you could add some more x100 without any problem. Slightly overdosing will do no harm. You could always check water colour by draining a rad.

Also, what you are proposing to do, is add a cleaner and "Drain" not "Flush" Unless you have a machine, maybe you do??

Neither will do any harm

Sponsored Links
Boiler due for next service in the summer so will get them to fit a magnaclean and add some more x100.

thanks.

Phil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back