New chp required -advice re legislation please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend had his central heating pump pack up - the plumber said that he is not allowed to replace the existing Grunfoss pump with an identical one . He states that the EU regulations require him to fit an Eco 'A' rated pump is this correct?

Sponsored Links
nope,the fixed speed pumps are being phased out by the pump manufacturers and will get harder to come by but if he can get a hold of an identical one just fit it
The newer a rated one (and of course more expensive)would be a better choice though

Matt

I rather agree with him.

We are not really meant to be fitting older pumps any more.

Its not exactly illegal like a policeman will not arrest you, but the regulations expect that no more standard pumps will be fitted any more except inside combi boilers as a replacement.

Tony

nope,the fixed speed pumps are being phased out by the pump manufacturers and will get harder to come by but if he can get a hold of an identical one just fit it
The newer a rated one (and of course more expensive)would be a better choice though

Matt
[
I am fairly sure you are wrong there. Strictly, you are not allowed to fit a standard pump externally to a , and haven't been able to do so since IIRC January

That is not to say that I wouldn't be [prepared to fit my last Grunny in such a manner ;) But you cannot criticise someone for playing by the rules.

Sponsored Links
I agree that the installer has given the correct advice and that if a pump is outwith the boiler then the new A rated should be used , also however the pump Police are not likely to come calling if you fit the older style but yes your installer has given the correct advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back