New combi boiler - rads coming on with shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive just had a new Baxi Duotec fitted, I noticed today after running the shower the upstairs rads had got warm, tested it again tonight and the longer the shower runs the hotter the rads get. Surely there should be something equivalent to a diverted valve that should only allow hot water and not waste energy heating radiators?
Can anyone offer a solution ?

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't happen with an Intergas...

Sounds like the diverter valve is passing. Call Baxi out to it - it's got a seven year warranty and shouldn't be doing that.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Was it a cheap job?

Cash payment and all that?

Done in one day?

Sorted, Baxi engineer called this morning, small piece of grit stuck in diverted valve. He fitted a new valve too. Good service.

So was it a Baxi piece of dirt?

Sounds to me like careless installation cleaning!

You did not answer my question about installation!

Was it installed in just one day?

Sorted, Baxi engineer called this morning, small piece of grit stuck in diverted valve. He fitted a new valve too. Good service.
Oh crikey no, they were here from 8am til 10pm on day 1 making sure everything was piped up then back for 4 hours the following day. Looks like they were a bit unlucky with the bit of grit in the valve. Very pleased with the whole job, neat pipe work, nice cable runs, good brick match and pointing job where old flu was.
The Baxi engineer who came out to the problem said it was a good job so that suits me.

Oh....and no not a cash job.

It's great, can't fault it, runs showers better than we've had before. House is warmer than its been for years. I will leave you boys to get on with your boiler snobbery *******s

Was it a cheap job?

Cash payment and all that?

Done in one day?

Does it really matter.. Are your comments relevant to what is being asked?

You don't answer questions posted by some regulars yet you ask why the poster has not responded. Are you being funny Mr Agile or forgetful

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back