New Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have a Heatline C28 Combi Boiler and I need to get a new boiler because at the moment we have no hot water and when you do run the hot tap scale and other bits come out with the water! What combi boiler would you recommend? I have up to £900 to spend and it needs to be bigger than a 28kw boiler.
any comments on a Glow worm?
Thanks for any advice!

Sponsored Links
£900 will almost buy you a reasonable boiler.

But it does not allow anything for installation for which I would be charging £840!

Tony

Sponsored Links
cslong4";p="2505305 said:
Hi All,
I have a Heatline C28 Combi Boiler and I need to get a new boiler because at the moment we have no hot water and when you do run the hot tap scale and other bits come out with the water! What combi boiler would you recommend? I have up to £900 to spend and it needs to be bigger than a 28kw boiler.
Thanks for any advice![/quote
going to fit it myself and get my mate who's corgi registered gas fitter to connect gas up. Been told headline is s##t. I've already fixed it 6 times myself cleaning heat exchange and changed the 3 way valve.
Was going to have it cleaned by mate.
Guys, all I was asking was what boilers would you recommend, not who's going to fit it.. also fyi I have called boiler engineers out to look at my boiler but when they find out its a heatline they laugh and tell me to get a new one installed and won't touch it, so what Boiler would you recommend.

If you fit a new boiler on a dirty system then the new one will behave just like the old one!

My £840 includes cleaning the system!

Tony

cslong4";p="2505457 said:
Hi All,
Thanks for any advice![/quote
going to fit it myself and get my mate who's corgi registered gas fitter to connect gas up. Been told headline is s##t. I've already fixed it 6 times myself cleaning heat exchange and changed the 3 way valve.
Was going to have it cleaned by mate

your mate is an idiot.

it matters not that he is corgi registered.

corgi are no longer relevant

if he is gas safe registered, then he will know he is in breach of his terms of registration.

Corgi ceased to be the registration body for gas over three years ago, so your mate being registered with them means precisely nothing as far as getting your boiler signed off goes. It's also illegal to sign off someone else's work.

The reliability of any boiler is partly dependant on how well it is fitted, if you're fitting it yourself you may as well go for the cheapest nastiest thing you can find, then it'll be cheaper to replace when that breaks down too. You'd be much better off spending your money on getting what you have now sorted out by a decent boiler engineer (not your mate who, as Dan has already said, appears to be an idiot)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back