glow worm combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just purchased a new house and struggling to get the glow worm boiler to work! It is a Glow worm combi boiler which is 9 years old, i can get the boiler on providing hot water however the central heating does not seem to work? The pump is running and the boiler has above 3 bar pressure. Any ideas what to be checking, hopefully it will be something simple!

Sponsored Links
what model, and the pressure is too high, you've probably got water coming out the prv (the copper pipe ootside)

what model, and the pressure is too high, you've probably got water coming out the prv (the copper pipe ootside)
Sorry not got the model number as not at new house at the moment. I did increase the pressure as it said in the manual to not let it drop bellow7 bar i think?
It seems like the boiler comes on showing the green light but then stops after 15 seconds?

sounds like you may well ned a RGI, but without the model it's hard to say.

Sponsored Links
Sorry not got the model number as not at new house at the moment. I did increase the pressure as it said in the manual to not let it drop bellow7 bar i think?
think you will find it says.7 bar :idea:
Hi back again! I have checked the model of the boiler and its a glow worm 100e, i checked the pressure of the boiler and its at 0.7 bar not 7 bar is i said yesterday! had a play around with the boiler today and found that if i remove the motorised valve the central heating comes on. If i fit it back on then the hot water works but the central heating goes off. Any ideas what could cause this?

giz a couple of mins to check the mi's ;)

Unclip motor. Turn domestic hot water
Off and On. Does pin move in and out.

Manually push brass splindle in diverter
valve.
Does domestic hot water get hot
when pushed in and central heating
water get hot when released.

:idea:

giz a couple of mins to check the mi's ;)

Unclip motor. Turn domestic hot water
Off and On. Does pin move in and out.

Manually push brass splindle in diverter
valve.
Does domestic hot water get hot
when pushed in and central heating
water get hot when released.

:idea:
not at house now, but the brass spinde did go in and out as you described.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back