GLOW WORM 30CXI BOILER - NUMEROUS PROBLEMS

Why on earth have you just raised a 2year old thread??
In any case if you knew anything about this boiler, you would know F14 is plate heat exchanger blockage, so your system is full of carp.
F1 faults are usually down to a lack of quality servicing, electrodes get covered in carp and result in rectification problems. The problem is not the boiler, its the way its been installed and maintained(or not as it seems)

Sponsored Links
Hi All,
Just got back from hols and my boiler is playing up.
All works but the CH side of things which is fine on it's own when run with the hot water gives the error f14.
I have tried with the CH off on the boiler but the F14 still comes up after a minute or so.
Any ideas, as this makes no sense to me as I could understand it if the CH wasn't working but it is fine on it's own.
Cheers.
Mark

the plate heat exchanger is only in use on hot water demand as the heated water from the central heating main heat exchanger is diverted to it only when a tap is open hence the f14 fault only when you run hot water

Thanks for the reply.
Can you tell me what the problem is then?
Really not my bag.
Thanks.
Mark

Sponsored Links
unfortunately i agree with the others it means blocked plate heat exchanger however iv had boilers showing faults that just arnt correct sorry not much help i know .glowworm and vaillant tech help and customer service are a joke

I've had a 30cxi for about 6 years.. had 3 problems so far.. 1, flow sensor stopped working resulting in no hot water, few years later the heat exchanger got coxed up and would then cause the boiler to overheat and shutdown.. got homeserve insurance to replace the part and i've kept their insurance, however 15months later and I went home to discover water dripping through the ceiling from the boiler.. looks like its coming from somewhere near the heat exchanger... Homeserve dont have an engineer until Wednesday even though i told them it was an emergency as no water now because had to isolate the boiler... so i'm going to have to call someone local out and see if they can fix it...

Other than that I thought it was a pretty good boiler... efficient and hasn't had many problems considering it wasn't a professional install and its located in the loft where it gets very cold up there!

Hi

Can anyone help me with a few questions about my new boiler.

1 : The remote control Thermostat ( Salus RT500RF )

Sometimes we think that it's not talking to the boiler ? ie at night now it's cold we set the Therm at 20c, hence when it reaches this Temperature, it should turn off, but we can still hear the boiler ? I thought at first it was the fan, but I've now noticed that we'll have One flame on the display showing. please note that we had this fitted in the spare bedroom airing cuboard, where the old Copper tank was, and the Thermastat is down stairs.

2 : The Bar Pressure is set at 1.4, however over a period of Three or Four
weeks, this will drop, to below 0.9, hence I have to top it up, is this Normal ?

Regards
Dave

I HAVE A FLEXICOM 30CX OF WHICH I AM INCLINED TO AGREE IS A PIECE OF CRAP! HOWEVER, NOT BEING AN EXPERT HAS IT'S DRAW BACKS AND THEREFORE I DESPERATELY NEED SOME HELP. WE SUDDENLY DEVELOPED A PROBLEM WITH PRESSURE DROPPING DRASTICALLY WHICH CAUSED THE SYSTEM TO SHUT OFF. SOMEONE CAME OUT, SCRATCHED HIS HEAD AND DECIDED TO CHANGE SOME OF THE PIPE WORK ON THE COLD FLOW AND RETURN? (SEE PICTURE 0469). THIS HAS RESOLVED THE PRESSURE ISSUE. HOWEVER, THE PRESSURE HAS BEEN SET TO 1.7BAR. WE THEN DEVELOPED A LEAK FROM INSIE THE BOILER. IT SEEMS TO BE COMING FROM THE BLACK RUBBER PIPE SITUATED JUST ABOVE WHERE THE CONDENSATE PIPE COMES INTO THE BOILER (SEE ICTURE 0471). THE LEAK SEEMS TO BE INCREASING AND THE WHOLE SITUATION IS GETTING ON MY NERVES. IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK THAT SOMEONE COULD DEDUCE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS? PLEASE, CAN ANYONE ADVISE?

//www.diynot.com/network/user_album_update.php?album_id=14797

//www.diynot.com/network/user_album_update.php?album_id=14797

Hi

Can anyone help me with a few questions about my new boiler.

1 : The remote control Thermostat ( Salus RT500RF )

Sometimes we think that it's not talking to the boiler ? ie at night now it's cold we set the Therm at 20c, hence when it reaches this Temperature, it should turn off, but we can still hear the boiler ? I thought at first it was the fan, but I've now noticed that we'll have One flame on the display showing. please note that we had this fitted in the spare bedroom airing cuboard, where the old Copper tank was, and the Thermastat is down stairs.

2 : The Bar Pressure is set at 1.4, however over a period of Three or Four
weeks, this will drop, to below 0.9, hence I have to top it up, is this Normal ?

Regards
Dave

did you have any luck with this as i have the same problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back