New combi advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a new combi for my 1 bed flat, 4 rads bath+shower, can anyone recommend a decent/reliable make and model my budget is around £500?

I have these in mind

baxi 105e
glow worm beatacom
heatline capriz
main

I will be having the system powerflushed, also will be fitting a magnaclean and a scale master.

Thanks in advance for your help

Sponsored Links
of those listed the glow worm betacom is the best by some margin. If you can spend a bit extra the glow worm ultracom would be even better. ;)

is the glow worm betacom a heatline vizo? looks the same on the glow worm website

Sponsored Links
Id go for the main which is the same boiler as the 105 but cheaper, dont like betacom myself.

Id go for the main which is the same boiler as the 105 but cheaper, dont like betacom myself.

does the main have the same problems as the 105e? theres alot posts with pressure problems etc....

So the older version is better then the c version?

do you fit alot of the betacom?

the main and 105e are the same so yes they have the same problems. Both betacoms are good but I prefer the betacom over the "c" version. I have worked on them both.

OP the 105he is fine cooking boiler. pressure problems happen to all sealed systems. Perhaps the huge quantity of 105 derivatives out there is why there are plenty of messages about them.

If you aren't in the trade hence have to pay for repairs whether you by Glowworm or Baxi group pay the extra for the model with greatest guarantee,

For instance the baxi platinum and duotec are only 150 apart for the exact same boiler but 2 yr to 5 yr is a big difference when dealing with a band a boiler on which you will almost certainly need a compressor (fan) in 5 years if not something else that would soon eat up £150.

The deeper you can dig now will make you happy in future.

With the proviso you have to pay for anual services to benefit from guarantees.

If you are intending to wing it over services that is have boiler fitted and do nothing until it breaks down, which most people do, then my advice is buy into the tried and tested band B technology such as the 105he but there are many other such boilers like the vokera compact for instance.

the fuel difference between the two bands, and outside temperature monitoring don't amount to a hill of beans.

ok so are the baxi 105e reliable on a clean system?

have you had to repair alot of them if so how long before they start to play up?

All combis with plate hot water heat exchangers need clean systems. All band A boilers with Gianoni stainless steal heat exchangers need clean systems.

IMHO the baxi group band b types are an excellent choice for reliability and proven character.

Not dising the glowworm though that is also a good boiler.

A clean system and a magnaclen will pay dividends.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back