Heatline Capriz 25 - Big enough?

Chris, did he power flush the system? Did he fit TRVs?

Mehran, what causes the "senor tabs" to be bridged by water when the trap is not blocked?

Tony

Sponsored Links
the trap is designed to work when level. during install the trap can be pulled to one side tipping the trap so water runs on to the sensor tabs. the trap has been redesigned now to account for the tipping. the OP was just unlucky to have one of the old batch.

Can he not just tip it to make it horizontal again himself?

Or would the makers get the later version fitted?

Tony

HI all, been a member ages and got some good tips here, but I think this is my first post.

Anyway I had a Heatline 25 fitted a couple of months ago, to replace a Saunier Duval that was about 4 yrs old, but had sprung a leak in the same place (plastic manifold) twice in that time.

I thought the Heatline sounded a bit noisy when it was installed, and a few people who come around mention it. Are they known to be particularly noisy or could there be a problem, it has developed an extra vibrating noise recently on occasion that I think is a new sound.

Or is the only answer box the rascal in, it's on the wall in the kitchen.

Sponsored Links
New postings on different topics should be under a "new topic".

I expect a Mod may move it later.

Your boiler is an extreme budget model.

There could still be air in it and the auto air vent may not have been left open.

If it persists then it could be air in it.

Tony

Anyway I had a Heatline 25 fitted a couple of months ago, to replace a Saunier Duval that was about 4 yrs old, but had sprung a leak in the same place (plastic manifold) twice in that time.

From Saunier duval to Heatline. :rolleyes: You obviously didn't learn your lesson or you are a skinflint.

there is not much i can really say! you be amazed at the spectrum of noises a boiler could make :LOL: all meaning something different. if you feel that the noise is excessive then phone your installer to see what he thinks. then if still not happy phone heatline.

From Saunier duval to Heatline. :rolleyes: You obviously didn't learn your lesson or you are a skinflint.

is the party still at your house when heatline kicks the bucket?

Yes it is mehran I'll be cracking open the champers!

I must confess to being a bit of a skinflint :D but from the reviews I read it didn't seem to be too bad a buy, cheap but not obviously nasty.

Thanks for the suggestions, the air value check sounds well worth a try when I've found it, any pointers welcome.

If then still no success with the noise I'll phone the installer ( yep he is Corgi Reg)

I was just curious if high noise levels was a "feature" of this model. :rolleyes:
I suppose it's not something Heatline are going to advertise.

At least to follow the Saunier Duval he has now got a quality budget boiler.

I doubt that he ever had it properly power flushed though.

The Biasi has gone upmarket and now has a coloured warrantee card ( as well as yet another new model of digital timeclock. )

Tony

no exssive noise is not a 'Feature' :rolleyes:

this boiler is not noisey, you will hear in when in the same room. if you can notice it when you are in the next room then that could be too loud.

but if you have bat like hearing then all bets are off. :rolleyes:

to put it in context i have never been called out to a heatline capiz because its normal operating noise was to loud if that helps.

no exssive noise is not a 'Feature' :rolleyes:

this boiler is not noisey, you will hear in when in the same room. if you can notice it when you are in the next room then that could be too loud.

but if you have bat like hearing then all bets are off. :rolleyes:

to put it in context i have never been called out to a heatline capiz because its normal operating noise was to loud if that helps.

Thanks for that Mehran, very useful information.

I've taken the front cover and the zinc cover off to try to trace the racket., and althought the burners are pretty noisy, the really loud noise is from the fan housing in the top left corner. It sounds like a plane taking off with the cover removed. As it's less than 3 months old would I contact Heatline direct for help at this stage, it has 2 yrs warranty.

If its excessively noisy then they will deal with it under the warrantee but its normal to call the installer first to enable him to check that he has not fitted it wrongly. If Heatline come and it turns out to be an installer error then it can be a chargeable visit.

On another boiler make they had a few fans which gave a high pitched whine. This was cured by replacing the fans.

Eventually it was traced to the venturi being too close to the rotating impellor. Its normally about 10 mm but the noisy ones were far less.

Tony

Cheers Agile, I'll ask him to check it out first then.

As the installer didn't say anything at the time I sort of assumed it was just typical of the model, and I thought it may settle down.

Maybe he didn't say anything because I bought the boiler ?

(from Harrison McCarthy, Manchester)

It's now driving the missus mad :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back