Heatline Capriz 25 - Big enough?

mmmm....

Heatline B rated boilers now have variable fans. there is a halls effect sensor on top of the fan it could be the wires off that hitting the fans cooling fan(yes the fan has a fan)

I have had one doing this. it was on a Heatline boiler that I fitted so knew straight away that it was not right. your installer may not have this insight I just thought it was a loud boiler.

Sponsored Links
mmmm....

Heatline B rated boilers now have variable fans. there is a halls effect sensor on top of the fan it could be the wires off that hitting the fans cooling fan(yes the fan has a fan)

I have had one doing this. it was on a Heatline boiler that I fitted so knew straight away that it was not right. your installer may not have this insight I just thought it was a loud boiler.

It's more of a spindle /bearing kind of noise I think, I imagine catching wires would be a more of a rattle/ rachet sound? and as it's been running a while would have worn through the wires by now with friction. I'll have a quick gander though, thanks.

harry macs!, i used to work installing for them 20 or so years ago. heatline capriz landlords favorite,fitted a few had no probs ,to be fair installed and set up correctly should be fine ,but longevity who knows?

Mine is all working now, I ended up gaffering the flexi pipe up a bit so it was less of a U-bend and lo and behold the condensate trap drains properly!

However, it does make quite a loud rattling. It seems to be the case, I can fix it by giving it a big hug (awwwh) and squeezing the sides together!

To me it just seems like a cheap manufacturing fault....But it's kind of annoying as it's installed in a bedroom compartment.

Chris.

Sponsored Links
Maybe he didn't say anything because I bought the boiler ?

Many installers will not even fit customer bought boilers! I will but thats unusual. We quote a transparent installation price and dont add a margin to the boiler purchase price.

Its normal that when the customer buys the boiler that the installer does not take any part in liaising in the case of any warranty problems.

Its still better to call the installer first for his comments even so.

I do hope he is CORGI registered!

Tony

Maybe he didn't say anything because I bought the boiler ?

I do hope he is CORGI registered!

Tony

I wouldn't have let him touch it otherwise.

Today I asked a neighbour who is a plumber to have a listen and he said it's deffo the fans too noisy. Ironically he bought a new combi a few weeks ago from Stax which he is going to use to replace his current one in the summer.

You've guessed it's a Heatline 25, and for 300 quid, that's £ 150 less than I paid. I don't know if I should laugh or cry. :oops:

The Capriz is a better boiler with a two year guarantee!

Tony

Phoned Heatline Monday, they gave me a job reference and the number of their local engineer.

They came today and replaced the fan, sounds MUCH quieter. good service in my book. Thanks for the tips here chaps. Now to build a case for it and the missus can have no more complaints ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back