new combi system- cold rads upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I need a little assistance I had a new combi boiler and rads fitted to my home. Upstairs was heated well by the downstairs heating rising so we turned the upper floor off but with the resent cold weather we attemped to heat upstairs ..nothing all the rads were/are cold. I bled all the rads still nothing. Can anyone offer any help as Im stumped.

Cant get hold of the fella that fitted the system he wont answer my messages so I need pointed in the correct direction.

Thanks in advance

Ian

Sponsored Links
Evidently he was a non CORGI cash in hand cowboy who has ridden off into the distance!

Are the TRV pins stuck down?

Tony

How did you turn the upper floor rads off ? if it was by a zone valve it could be sticking or head broke.

Agile said:
Evidently he was a non CORGI cash in hand cowboy who has ridden off into the distance!

Are the TRV pins stuck down?

Tony

Seems so, he is a foreman for Brittish Gas and yes it was a weekend cash job for him

Im not sure was TRV pins are sorry

Sponsored Links
gigz said:
How did you turn the upper floor rads off ? if it was by a zone valve it could be sticking or head broke.

Hi thanks for your reply

They were turned off at the valves at the rads nothing more complex when we turned they back on nothing

Thanks

Ian

Turn off all radiators except one of the upstairs ones. With luck you should hear some gurgling noises followed by a rush of water - the radiator should now come on. Try the same for all of the others. Can't be much of a problem if they all worked before.

EliteHeat said:
Turn off all radiators except one of the upstairs ones. With luck you should hear some gurgling noises followed by a rush of water - the radiator should now come on. Try the same for all of the others. Can't be much of a problem if they all worked before.

Thats brilliant i,ll try that tonight thanks for your reply

Thanks

Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back