New Computer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I finally took the plunge and purchased a new h30 Lenovo Computer from John Lewis for £279.

Unfortunately it came with a load of PUPs (potentialy Unwanted programs) which made surfing the nety and other use quite infuriating. Pages taking ages to load and unwanted pages opening and banners etc.
Had a look to remove programs from control panel but is a minefield and to add insult to injury, the computer has gone into sleep mode and refuses to switch back on.

Needless to say this pile of junk is being returned to sender.

Beware that a lot of computers do now come with preloaded ***** which will take the shine off your new computer somewhat quickly!

Sponsored Links
I bought a Lenovo total pain in the A***, it refused to load updates Lenovo Support wanted me to delete things on a brand new computer and reinstall new stuff. Sent the rubbish back, I bought a Toshiba instead great worked straight out of the box!

I detest all these piles of junk that some computer (and mobile phone) manufacturers see fit to include. Obviously, it is a money-making exercise as they are paid to do so by the 'junk manufacturers'.
It doesn't stop there either, I'm afraid. Adobe Acrobat, for example, includes a sneaky installation of an anti-virus programme when it offers an update. I've fallen for that before, although I already have a perfectly good AV programme. Now, I always remember to un-check the box.

Sponsored Links
I was quite encouraged to buy this brand as I assumed that with John Lewis stocking it, it would be a good brand.
I shall be giving them a piece of my mind tomorrow as they should be ashamed of themselves allowing their good name and reputation to be tarnished by stocking this crap!

I suspect it is a decent brand. After all most computers and components are made in China anyway. My Lenovo is well built, I took the back off last week to put in a new hard drive, it was all very tidy inside. I don't know how to choose a decent PC these days. Dell used to be decent. HP are well made but often not good value for the performance.,

Lenovo are not by any means the only bloatware culprits.

The best way is to buy a machine without OS, then load your own.

That way you choose exactly what goes on it.

Sponsored Links
Back