New Covid rules for the UK coming into effect for...

I didn't have that screenshot when I posted the 5000 figure. Neither did you. Now you claim prescience.
I don't remember from weeks ago where I heard 5000. Radio/tv probably, I don't read newspapers.

Sponsored Links
I didn't have that screenshot when I posted the 5000 figure. Neither did you. Now you claim prescience.
No, I knew your quote was *******s because that's not how Ferguson, or any of the studies work. Your quote was and is wildly misleading. Andy11 levels of misleading.

I've been fairly clear expressing my disappointment in your critical thinking on this.

No, I knew your quote was *******s because that's not how Ferguson, or any of the studies work. Your quote was and is wildly misleading. Andy11 levels of misleading.

I've been fairly clear expressing my disappointment in your critical thinking on this.
"Oh look I can post a snide remark" seems to be your critical thinking.

Studies quote numbers, they get reported in the news. That IS how studies work.

"In the UK, from December 1 2021 to December 21 2021, cases of COVID per million population have risen from 634 to 1,280 (a 101% rise)," (that's not doubling in 2-3 days, that's 2x in 20 days ! It should have doubled several times by the time of the gov report)

you don’t seem to understand maths.

you can’t compare Covid per million increase to case rate increases.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps you should read what he said not what was published

Has what you say of what he says that I perhaps should read been published? If it has, direct me to it please; otherwise, if it hasn't been published, explain how and where I can read it.

If you are saying that, when I read this enlightening stuff I will realise that "worst case scenarios" shouldn't be used to criticise the modellers, then tell the government and the mainstream media, because the government and the mainstream media only ever use worst case predictions and suppress any voices of doubt, disagreement and good news.

AND THEN please explain to me why there are no dissenting voices in the mainstream media; why there are no television debates between pro-vaccine and anti-vaccine voices, and why we haven't seen, for instance, the studies that show that masks are ineffective being debated on television?

In the past, pre-covid days, both sides of an issue would be presented for discussion. Now, if you are against anything the government says you will be silenced. You of all people Notch, with your never-ending left-versus-right rants, should have recognised this.

Well, UK deaths just jumped from 38 on Wednesday to 317 yesterday.

Hospitals are full and Nightingale centres readying themselves

Not much reporting about this though, seems the media is keeping quiet, not wanting to cause concern ...

That's not how the media works.
Except as clearly demonstrated above, that it IS.....

We were supposed to be discussing whether further restrictions are necessary, not vaxxers /antis.
Or twits trying to score points.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Putting a line under all that, does anyone think we need stronger curbs on our activities?
I find myself agreeing more or less with Boris:eek:, and Chris Hopkins, (and not "The rest of Europe" maybe)

NO, we don't, right now.

(Hope you researched that 38 figure, JP_, it could be media frenzy and misquote.........:rolleyes:)

then tell the government and the mainstream media, because the government and the mainstream media only ever use worst case predictions and suppress any voices of doubt, disagreement and good news

the media want exciting headlines, not facts

where has the government produced only worst case scenarios?
Ive not seen that

Except as clearly demonstrated above, that it IS.....

We were supposed to be discussing whether further restrictions are necessary, not vaxxers /antis.
Or twits trying to score points.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Putting a line under all that, does anyone think we need stronger curbs on our activities?
I find myself agreeing more or less with Boris:eek:, and Chris Hopkins, (and not "The rest of Europe" maybe)

NO, we don't, right now.

(Hope you researched that 38 figure, JP_, it could be media frenzy and misquote.........:rolleyes:)
Yes, because we don't know how bad the level of hospitalisation will be from Omicron in the UK. Given the very rapid spread by the time we do know we won't have any ability to avoid them with any sort of controls if we wait until we do have solid data.

Last edited:
AND THEN please explain to me why there are no dissenting voices in the mainstream media; why there are no television debates between pro-vaccine and anti-vaccine voices, and why we haven't seen, for instance, the studies that show that masks are ineffective being debated on television

I understand the point you are making, but I struggle to see how that would work.

for a start there is no equivalence between the pro and anti vaccine argument.

the anti vax debate is largely built on misinformation.
And if you want to avoid misinformation, you need a highly technical discussion, which is not for mainstream viewing.

As fas as masks go, they have little impact on our lives so even if they only make a small difference, that’s beneficial.

Sponsored Links
Back