NEW DG Window won't open !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Hoping that someone may be able to help me, the new DG that is 8 weeks old, fitted by a national firm that has now gone bust - NO guarantee !. One of the kids bedroom windows will not open. I have taken the handle off and can see that it is working fine (I made a mark on the mechanism and it is turning) it would appear that the locking device at the bottom of the window is jammed shut, it appears free at the top. Obviously the problem is at the bottom of the window but how the hell do I get access to it ?, does the window have to come out completely ?

Any help appreciated !

Sponsored Links
Yes I think that they were, do you think they may help - even though the firm has gone bust.

Most guarantees are insurance backed so if the firm is out of business the insurance company will use another firm. Was yours or was your guarantee just with the DG company? If this is the case, there is a lesson to be learned there for others looking for DG.

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
Was the firm a member of FENSA or the GGF?

just be a bit carefull some cowboys either claim to be or have been thrown out of the associations that are on there vans letterheads advertising ect

you realy need to check the credentials before you accsept there quote
i do of course hope they are genuine fingers crossed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back