New driveway quote - advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Need to replace our existing driveway as block paving has badly sunk. Its an old drive.

Had the following quote for an imprinted concrete drive. The area is flat and around 46 sq. metres

Excavate proposed area and lay clean MOT type 1 aggregate and compact to within 5% CBR limits.
Dismantling and re-build of brick column as agreed to widen driveway.
Install drainage (either deco or aco) where required around the foot print of property and connect to soak-away drain.
Install new manhole and drainage covers where required.
Install 1no step (either semi-circle or square).
Installation of ‘Buffer Lip’ to entrance.
Install pattern imprinted concrete (colours & patterns to be confirmed at a later stage) to the specified measurements; minimum 4 inch depth.
The option to have a circle feature if desired, which is included in price.
Install a ‘PICS’ acrylic seal with ‘Rhino Grip’ anti-slip agent.
Inclusive of materials, labour and disposal.

Our price to install pattern imprinted concrete to the agreed specifications and dimensions would be £3,350.00 The prices given above also includes for a 10 year guarantee

Anything sound wrong? Old drive photo attached

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
Why not just repair your existing? It's prolly sunk all it's going to sink. I hate the look of presscrete and it usually cracks.

Why not just repair your existing? It's prolly sunk all it's going to sink. I hate the look of presscrete and it usually cracks.

Typically quotes have come in not much better to take it all up, fix the sub base and relay. I'm not against paving again rather than concrete. Its just costing the same so not sure which decision to make.

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back