New driving licence health/eyesight requirements.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since 1st May there have been new requirements for eyesight and for driving when drinking regularly.

For most people its probably means no change apart from stricter eyesight tests.

The medical requirements which can invalidate your driving licence could be read to include anyone who gets home and has a glass of whiskey because they have established an alcohol dependency!

Anyone who could be on the edge of these requirements should read about them!

Tony

Sponsored Links
No matter how much i drink, i can always read the wine shop sign even in my car :LOL: I suppose i won't be affected.

Since 1st May there have been new requirements for eyesight and for driving when drinking regularly.

For most people its probably means no change apart from stricter eyesight tests.

The medical requirements which can invalidate your driving licence could be read to include anyone who gets home and has a glass of whiskey because they have established an alcohol dependency!

Anyone who could be on the edge of these requirements should read about them!

Tony

About time too..

Sponsored Links
And more changes are due in january 2013 for Diabetes and Epilepsy.

Are there not already rules in place for epilepsy? My sister-in-law has just been told she may be suffering from 'partial complex seizures' (a form of epilepsy for those that don't know) and she's not allowed to drive now until she's had a continous period of 12months without a single seizure?

Chap I knew 4 yrs ago had one fit and was stopped from driving until 12 months without any fits, had passed too. So I don't think the thing about epilepsy is new.

Sponsored Links
Back