New extension fine cracks in render and damp how to treat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a house in November 2013 - which has a lovely Orangery (rear extension) this was built in 2011 so still very new.

A small chunk of render has come away from the exterior of the Orangery which I think is due to damp render. Having had a good look at the paint work it looks like a very thin coat of paint has been applied - I can see some grey patches showing through.

There are also a number of hair line cracks forming - which is slightly concerning.

I thought it would probably be best to give it a couple of good coats of external masonary paint to weather proof it and potentially fill some of the hairline cracks.

Can anyone advise which masonary paint to use (I was thinking Sandtex)?

Also should I be using a bonding agent/ stabiliser (such as Unibond)?

As you can probably tell I have no idea what I'm doing so any advice would be great!

Thanks
Dan

Sponsored Links
Dan, would it be possible for you to upload some pics before any advice is offered.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back