New Extension Wet or Dry Underfloor Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

We are hoping to start on new extension in April with any luck - one of the things I havnt looked at too much at all is underfloor heating - ideally we would like it but we dont know what would be best wet or dry or just stick wih rads

We have electric underfloor in the bathroom and that hardly ever goes on due to the perception that its expensive but its nice when its on

We have a largeish combi I think its 32KW and ill probably change that at some point when we do extension anyway as its on the blink - extension will be roughly 25 sq/m

I know you need a manifold for wet underfloor heating so that will take up extra space

Any thoughts of which is best. I do like the idea of electric as there no chance of developing a leak but wet seems best oveall in terms of cost

Whats the best insulation for the concrete floor and stuff like that I have no idea - want to get some clue before we start and the slab laid

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Definitely wet.

Our extension is 32m2 and it is a wet system going in on two circuits.

Floor will have 150mm of insulation on top of beam/block and then the piping and screed on top of that.

Sponsored Links
Electric UFH will cost 4 times more than wet to run...go for wet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back