Combined wet and electric underfloor heating in wet room

Reaction score
Hi All,

What would be the correct setup for combining wet (primary) and electric (secondary - for summer use) underfloor heating.

We are installing a wet room on a concrete slab and will be insulation about this and then Screeding. The screed will contain wet underfloor heating pipes, the question really is how would we then instal electric backup above this?

We assume you could simple put this below the tile adhesive to get the benefit of both options.

Please offer up thoughts on this.

Cheers

Dan

Sponsored Links
Why would you want to?

Install it so that the underfloor (wet) system can be operated separately.

Really have no idea why you'd want it in the summer aside from having two systems; certainly never heard of that.

The wet room will be in a basement. It will have MVHR extraction in it but is required for the purpose of drying out the space to avoid damp/mold.

I was thinking of hooking this up to an electric backup towel radiator as well.

As the entire basement will have 160mm PIR and insulated internally we would not need the heating on for vast periods of time as it also stays around 16 degrees c down there all the time already.

If this is possible it would be good to know how anyone would go about installing it. I have never heard it mentioned before.

If it was wet and based off of the main wet CH what type of override controller would we need as simple thermostat would not work I would assume or you would be forever turning it up and down.

I have seen towel roads installed with the kudox controllers that gives flexibility to turn on and off over a set period which would work really well.

Thanks
iOS Image - 1842126608.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's all possible just pointless. Water run underfloor heating set in screed doesn't work like a radiator does. It's not convection heating, the floor becomes a thermal mass and emits heat over a prolonged period.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back