new feature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could a feature be added to this forum along the following lines . . .

To mark all new posts and posts in threads as unread (orange) since a time I specify.

When I sign into the forum, all the postings that are new and unread by me since my last visit are orange. If i sign out and back in (sometimes beyond my control, for example a google ad freezing my window), obviously the forum unmarks them, and I cannot see which threads have new posts in them, except for the dates.

Sponsored Links
I thought that only happened to me :LOL:

Yeah I would like that feature, or be able to disregard a 'last visit' point

don't log out then.

also if on the odd ocasion you are "kicked out" and come back all unread posts are still in bold

don't log out then.

also if on the odd ocasion you are "kicked out" and come back all unread posts are still in bold
But new posts in existing threads aren't immediately visible. Apart from being higher up the list.

I dont choose to log out, several times lately there has been a period where on loading a section of the forum, it freezes on downloading a google ad and I have to restart explorer. This goes on for a period, then stops. Admin know about this. But its very frustrating when i come back and theres no new posts visible!

Sponsored Links
Doesn't the little animated icon beside the topic already do that?

It should be possible, I will have to investigate what's involved and get back :)

Back