New Fitted Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Am new to the site, and am about to buy my first home, but its going to need a new kitchen !!

I have trawled through a lot of the forums, and I can't seem to find the answer to my question:

How much will it cost (roughly) to fit a new kitchen that measures 3.5 x 3.0m - excluding appliances ?

Or does anyone know a decent site online that will give me a quote ?

Any help would be very appreciated !!!

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I think you might be better served by posting this to the woodworking forum on this site, however I reckon that this is a bit of a "how long is a bit of string question".
The fitters that I work with charge about £200 a day. I think, like most of the trades that much of it depends on how complicated it is; how much scribing to wibbly walls there is, how many odd corners and difficult spaces there are, how many spacers need to be added, how much work there is in the worktops, whether they need to have holes cut for sinks or whether it's just a plant on sink blah, blah, blah. You get the picture??
I think when you post to the woodworking forum it might be good if you can say you want specify what units you are fitting i.e. 3x500 base units, 3x400base units, an open ended shelf unit -base, 3 wall units plus end panels and cornice etc. etc.....whatever you have planned, and give them an idea of the type of house it is, whether there is ripping out to be done, whether there is plumbing work to be carried out, whatmanufacturers units you have bought and which worktops and appliances need to be allowed for.
I've been painting kitchens forever but never fitted them.
Hope this helps towards you getting some answers.
Cait

Yup its a great help - thanks !!

I know it was a very general question, and I guess I was hoping for someone to say "I have just done mine, and it was £3500" or something :)

Many thanks for your suggestions though, I'm off to the other forum with a more detailed description....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back