New Flat roof outhouse issue.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am building an outhouse that is flat roofed, which I intend to cover with EDPM membrane.

The wooden frame and deck are built and due to requiring the water to drain to a single gulley I have created upstands at the edges.
The pitch is at 1:40 and the deck is made from 18mm osb, with all cut edges sealed with bitumastic paint.
The query I have is that I have also sealed the wood upstands with bitumastic paint, believing that would give greater adhesion for the contact adhesive.

I have created stainless steel gulley and as such have glued and screwed that to the upstands and the OSB boards, and have glued and screwed the upstands in that area of the roof.

My issue is the I have now read that contact adhesive won't adhere to bitumastic paint.

Does anyone have a solution to sticking the EDPM to the upstands, without the need to remove them and make new ones, which will entail damaging the stainless steel gulley and OSB sheets.

Regards

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back