EPDM roofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have all the gear, but no idea!

6x3 lean-to garage roof with parapets at each end.

Will be decked in OSB, it's a single sheet of rubber, I have the decking and upstand adhesives.

I have a few questions:

Does it matter if the decking has been rained on for a few days? Would it be worth using the rubber as a temp covering while I work on fixing the decking down, I'm not a fast worker?

How much adhesive should I put down before laying the rubber? I'll roller it on, was thinking 3 sections? Should I roll it up and unroll it like a carpet? Can I walk on the bit I've done? Should I spend ages brushing to get it completely flat or will any small wrinkles/bubbles shrink when it dries?

Is forming the upstand against the walls as simple as just running 100mm up, contact advesive and covering
with the chased in trim?

Any other advice, tips etc would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Firstly make sure you put Tarpaulins over the boarding ( nailed down with battens Wind Protection ) OSB will only give a limited amount of protection against water , basically it is how you have put forward, Try for less sections Joins are the weak link .
before putting the adhesive down make sure there is nothing that can puncture the rubber when it is down, dont forget the edge drip trim , look on UTube for video`s on how to apply .

It's coming along:

Old roof ready to be stripped-
IMG_20201014_141946084.jpg

New decking-
IMG_20201113_161938361.jpg

Walls chased ready for flashing trim-
IMG_20201113_161944368~2.jpg

I might try glueing the stuff on tomorrow, weather and hangover permitting, it's currently laid on loosely and weighed down with concrete blocks in case it rains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back