New floor DPM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to replace a badly laid floor in a small, 3m X 1.5m, extension.

What is a good method of sealing the new dpm to the existing solid floor, which is in a terraced house built in about 1890, and therefore probably has no proper dpm of any sort. My query relates to how to stop damp coming up through the join. The join line is the base of what was the original exterior wall, which was knocked through for the extension. Would laying it over the wall base, and seal down with bitumen or WHY be reasonable?

TIA

Sponsored Links
If you want a liquid we find this the best. IKOpro Synthaprufe Original
If you want to spend a bit of money, look at this companies products, Newton Membranes - Waterproofing Membrane | Permagard.
Google both and have a read.
oldun ;)

Sponsored Links
Further to my earlier request, we now find that the whole area will require a new solid floor. I am happy about the new floor construction, but would like advice as to how best to seal the dpm to the existing walls which will have a new chemical damp course. I assume that synthaprufe is about the best option.

TIA

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back