new floor in basement

M

marsaday

i have laid a few concrete floors in basements before and have to do another one soon.

instead of using concrete this time could i lay this floating floor? the way i would do it would be to lay visquine and then run lengths of 3x3" treated fence posts. these would be screwed into the concrete floor below.

the kitchen is pretty dry in its none tanked form and i thought puncturing the visquene wouldn't be that big a deal. chip board would be laid onto the fence posts.

This is for a house i rent out. what do people think? the area is 4x x 3m.

Doing the concrete slab is very hard work, but quick and will probably be the same cost. i would prefer to work at a steady pace and the wood option would allow this.

Sponsored Links
you know me then freddy. yes been doing landlording for along time and have many happy tenants. but really, what is the point of posting a crap reply like that. you just waste your own time dummy.

i wont be insulating as not needed, only improving what is already there. i think i will be doing a screed after all. however i thought 50mm was far too thin. i thought 100mm was required.

Sponsored Links
Don't be a tightwad. Insulate the floor, otherwise it will be bloody cold on winter mornings. Not good when making the breakfast.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back