New garden gate on concrete post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has had success hanging a wooden garden gate on a concrete fence post? I can get a concrete post already holed so was then thinking to bolt some timber to it and fix the gate to that.

I have had a fencing company round and they don't recommend doing this though. They have said for a gate, timber posts are advised. However, I am not to keen on having a mix of timber and concrete posts. Would look neater if it was all the same.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Nothing to stop you there.....just do some research into the crook and band hinges you may use.....they need to be adjustable, of course and you can design your gate around them.
John :)

I can't see any issues with it. The only issue that might arise is if the concrete post moves at all- the timber will be semi flexible so shouldn't create any issues.

Just get some solid hinges and if you have RamSet there chuck some in the holes before you bolt the hinges to the wall and they'll stick for every.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back