new gas supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi! im currently interested in purchasing a new property. the property has no gas supply at the moment, how do i go about sorting this out and how much will it approximately cost? thanks!

Sponsored Links
HI

more details please
gas supply from where?
how big is the property?
what sort of system do you have in mind?
etc,etc

supplier is apparently national grid
supply would be to a 2 bed manor home in ruislip
(2 bed, 2 rec, kitchen and b/room)
i have absolutely no idea about systems etc! sorry - any suggestions?!

Sponsored Links
if you have a mater and there is gas at the meter, then leave the rest to the installer that fits your boiler. he will price it accordingly)

if you dont have a meter then speak to a supplier and get a meter fitted...cost ? dunno, ask them

a rough cost for a gas run in 22mm on an average terraced house in my book would be about £300 (to a boiler and cooker, not fires etc)

I think it's silly putting a price on the job, because depending on distance, dig, etc, it will be considerably more than £300, to run a service pipe into the property

of course it could be out, but as stated average 2 bed terrace. i cant list all the if and buts....just trying to help a bit.

subject to site survey ...(is that better)

i only want it as a rough guide... im interested in purchasing a property and theres lots that needs doing.. gas being one of them! so i just wanted a rough estimate as to how much it would cost

Word of caution I recentley had a small supply from a main to a small industrial unit a run of about 30m max and it cost £12k for fulcrum to do. Also took them 3 months.. :evil:

wow could it really cost that much?! or is that unlucky?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back