Price for installing gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

just moved into a new property where currently, an electric fan oven and an electric hob are in use. I want to change the hob for a gas one. There is no pre-existing gas pipe work but the gas meter is in the very next cupboard - approx 12 inches away.

I will make sure the hole is correct for the hob and also supply and fit the appropriate cabling.

How much will it cost for pipework, connecting and commissioning?

Sponsored Links
If you cut the correct hole in the worktop and the ocation is suitable per the instructions of the hob. Then probably one hours labour may cover it.

Remember its not just throwing a 12inch pipe at the cupboard and job done. they need to test for gas leaks before and after, do running checks on the hob, check any other appliances in the house (as they will have turned off the gas supply so reinstating it involves basic checks of any other appliances) sorting out any commissioning/warranty paper work.

Sponsored Links
Does your kitchen have a door or window that opens direct to outside air?, what size is it (volume wise)? any other older (open flue) gas burning appliances in the room?

Funny, when asked over the phone for a quote and I ask these basic Gas Installer questions, the usual reply is "no one else has asked that".

Makes me wonder why I bother....

DH

(I start at £80 plus VAT)

If the hob is fitted into the hole by others then I charge a rather low £65 in local area.

If supply comes from nearby then extra £25 per metre or p[art thereof.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back