New Glass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a broken double glazed window replaced, the opening side. After a while I saw that the outside pane had split from one corner to the other.
They replaced it free of charge but the new one collects condensation on the inside while the other part of the window is clear.
Any ideas? I think they were made in a rush.

Sponsored Links
Condensation on the inside of a double glazed panel (i.e between the glass panes) means that the seal has failed and the panel is a dud.
John :)

Tell them you are not happy with it, its easy to replace the glass. The hardest bit is measuring it.

It's on the room side of the glass not between the panes. The older glass in the same frame has no problems.
They have already replaced it once free as we could not decide who's fault the split was as we do not use the room and it was not noticed for 4 weeks after installation.

Sponsored Links
There must be a warranty on it, the chances are they don't / make seal the glass, so they will get it foc, maybe there will be labour to pay, that you could negotiate on.

They do seal the glass themselves, as with the first one they measured it in the morning and later in the afternoon and they said it was "still setting". The fixed it in that evening, too quick I thought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back