new heating installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I'm wanting some advice if possible on a new heating installation in my property.

i have 2 wood burning stoves 1 in the lounge and 1 in the dining room which in winter we use quite often. Now if we have the heating on at the same time to heat the upstairs rooms and the fires its so hot it can melt your face. I have a combi at the moment but i have old cast iron rads that i want to keep but i dont want to fit trv's because they dont look right with the rads so below is what i would like to do so please advise me if this is a good idea or not.

I want to have installed a baxi combi this is a natural gas version, but want to independently control the kitchen, upstairs and downstairs temp settings independantly so thought about adding three 2 port valves to control the kitchen plinth heater upstairs rads and downstairs rads. Then fit a programmer with 3 wireless stats.

let me know what you think

thanks again everyone

Sponsored Links
Well you could but its an odd solution to a simple problem that you dont like the look of TRvs.

Why not paint TRVs to match the colour of your radiators?

Tony

the problem i have is that i have repoduction brass valves with the plastic wheels on all my rads that i have installed and at £70 a set its a shame to have to replace these with modern trv's

Sponsored Links
You can get TRVs with a remote sensor phial.

With a little fiddling you could mount these under the floor and put the phial descretely in the room nearby! But you would not be able to adjust them easily unless you left a small flap or something but once set then that should not need to be touched.

Tony

cheers for that info tony

do you know any websites i can look at to see pics of this.?

in regards to my original question do you think its still possible to control the kitchen,upstairs and downstairs independantley via wireless thermostats and would you say that three 2 port valves is the way to go.

thanks again

Its possible to so that but a very expensive and over complicated solution!

Tony

but say i didn't want to go down the trv route could you advise me on a more simple way of achiving what i originaly asked.

thanks again for the info

Just turn the lockshields down a lot on the downstairs rads?

Or is that too simple?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back