oversized rads and trv's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just about to have an Daikin HT air source heat pump installed. It will have a bypass valve installed for flow rates, no buffer as its not possible for us.

Downstairs in our house is virtually open plan, about 50m2. Kitchen, dining room and lounge all knocked into one.

We currently have 3 rads, one in each room. We dont have any TRV's downstairs.

Current BTU output downstairs is say 15,000.

I am oversizing the smallest rad and adding a fourth rad in the lounge area (there is some existing pipework to utilize). This will bring the downstairs up to around 30,000.

This will make the main part of the house warm and the heat can drift upstairs.

I plan to put thermostat in the kitchen area as thats wheres it always been.

Question is...Do I need to put TRV's on all rads downstairs? Or can I get away with just TRV's on the two rads I am adding/moving?

Sponsored Links
BTU output is irrelevant - what is the heat-loss?

The thermostat for that zone needs to be in the best place for temperature sensing, not convenience of wiring. To that end you should look at a wireless unit. Then trv's can probably be ignored.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back