New here. Oversite question. First question of many.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I'm all shiny and new here. I've watched all the series of Grand Designs, therefore I've decided it's easy to build an extension despite not being qualified at all. To cut a long story short, the foundations are in, it's the oversite next.

I've got an area of 37m2 to do, one bit is 23m2 the other 14m2.

My question is, how much should I expect to pay for that work and materials? I'll publish one quote I got when I get a few answers here as I nearly choked on my frappucchino when I got it.

I appreciate regional prices may vary, but I'd quite like a rough idea.

Many thanks.

John.

Sponsored Links
Welcome. Your shinyness will soon dull. :LOL:

What do you mean by oversite? what type of floor construction will it be?

Ah, I see. Cheers for your speedy responses. When you say cubic volume, do you mean of the whole house or just the oversite? According to my area's building control, I start with 150mm clean hardcore, 100mm concrete with A142 mesh, 1200g DPM, 70mm Kingspan, 65mm Screed. So all in all, 385mm or thereabouts. With my GCSE maths, it works out as 14.25m3 of oversite.

Does this help? Cheers again for your interest.

John.

Sponsored Links
Hello bodge.
I think your terminology is a bit misleading.
Over site to me usually means a sealing layer of concrete put down at low level before installing a suspended floor, timber or concrete beam, some 400/500mm above.
What you have is a standard solid floor construction to current regs.
You`ve not mentioned if you have already put footings up to DPC yet, as this would follow founds pour.
And is the dig down to level ready for hard core?
To achieve 74m2 floor to spec up here would be approx £8k. down in The SmokeI bet you could double that.

Point of placement of materials no further than 20 metres from point of unloading.
No excavation of sub ground allowed for.
150mm MOT sub base, blinded and wacked.
1200g DPM
A142 mesh fabric.
100mm concrete.
70mm kingspan insulation.
65mm Screed with fibre reinforcement.
Clear away on completion.
AREA 37 METRE SQUARE. MATERIALS AND LABOUR £3034.00. PLUS VAT.
This is the price we would charge in Bedfordshire.
London rates? Depends where you are, meter zone, bus route, unloading etc. Could be plus 20 to 40%.
oldun

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back