New here, some design ideas.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so Hubby has nearly finished false chimney breast with tv and fire recessed into it, it's takings shape but now it's time to think of decor. Do we wallpaper just the breast and paint the rest of the room white/off white, or shall we paint the chimney white/off white and wallpaper the two walls either side with the remainder of the room also in white/off white.

Here's the half done chimney breast

Here's the comparison I mean

Any thoughts would be appreciated, one thought I had was of I wallpaper the chimney breast it's less wallpaper and easier to rewallpaper if tastes change.

Sponsored Links
It's entirely a matter of personal taste, surely? Personally I'd paint the lot, but that's because I prefer painted walls to wallpaper.

Having said that, of the two examples you posted, paint looks better on the chimney breast than wallpaper. Though the one with the wallpaper is a nice chimney breast ;)

Cheers
Richard

I like the one with the fireplace. I hate to see the TV being the centre of attention.

Sponsored Links
If you have a TV AND wallpaper on the same section of wall, they will jostle for attention and be very tiring on the eye.

If you are determined to have a feature wall (and I would advise against it), choose a wall with nothing much happening on/around it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back