New home... domestic hot water linked to central heating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Moved into a new flat about 6 months ago, and now that the weather is getting warmer and we want to turn our heating off we've discovered a little hitch - it seems like domestic hot water and central heating aren't programmable separately. Specifically, if either the programmer or the thermostat switch off, we lose domestic hot water (once our cylinder has cooled off). Note there is a central boiler for the whole block and we have a heat interface unit.

What is the best way to trouble shoot this?

Attached are pictures - including what I think is missing wiring for domestic hot water for the programmer.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2481.jpg
    IMG_2481.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_2482.jpg
    IMG_2482.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_2619.jpg
    IMG_2619.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_2621.jpg
    IMG_2621.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_2620.jpg
    IMG_2620.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 194
Sponsored Links
The wiring looks to be able to give separate feeds, just check the dipswitch positions on the programmer. I can't make them out on your photo. It is also worth checking the operation of the two zone valves.

Looks like what's needed is all there, only 2 wires required on an S-Plan (3 - HW ON, 4 - CH ON), the dip switches on that programmer as just to alter the day programming mode and heating type. As @oilhead mentions I'd maybe be getting someone in to check the valves out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back