New home - Problem with Back boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, Just moved house and it has a back boiler fitted. The fire is a glow worm co-ordiante G (cant find any info on the boiler). Anyway, when i light the boiler it stays on for only ten minutes before going out. The water tank is in a bedroom and there is an emersion heater below it, this has a power switch next to it (but emersion is seperate from backboiler, right?) Anyway i just wonder if anyone has any idea on what the problem could be.

Sponsored Links
Quite often in behind a false panel beside the fire place the boiler is fitted in , or in the airing cupboard.

Sponsored Links
Usually near the boiler in adjacent cupboard or under the floor!

ok, i found the pump, its a grundfos red thing and has a dial with 3 settings. if i alter the setting (its at 3 now) what will happen?

If its stuck then nothing at all :eek:

Undo the large silver center screw and insert a flat bladed screwdriver and see if you can turn it to free it.

Put a towel under it first as some water will run out.

right i did that and it turns ok. i've just lit the boiler so if it still goes out, new pump needed or some other cause?

You need to check for 230V at the pump live terminal if you are comfortable testing live electrics.

will do, just need to search the mountain of boxes for the multi meter! thanks for all your help !! x x

Hi I had this exact same problem at the weekend and it turned out to be a blockage in the pipes just above the pump. Worth looking into...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back