New House - Boiler Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We moved into a house about 4 months ago and all was fine with the heating/hot water (Glow Worm Compact 100E). After a few weeks i noticed the pressure was low, so topped it up and thought nothing of it. Since then it has needed topping up every week with no signs of leaking anywhere (pipes all run along skirting and can be followed easily).

There have been no problems with the DHW until last week - it started cycling hot and cold (cutting out) every 30 seconds of so, whilst making a noise like a jet landing! Last night i took the front external panel off and had a look round the inside. Possible issues are

- buildup around the air vent

- carp around the brass(?) plate attached to the Press Diff Switch

- the low water pressure switch has been REMOVED (must have been a problem in the past?)!!!!

I'll put a bag round the safty valve to check for leaking. I guess the plate heat exchange or a filter must be blocked? All the noise seems to be coming from the top end of the boiler so i guess it must be either boiling or the extraction pump must be on it's way out.

If you have any ideas of comments on what the next step should be, please post a reply

Cheers
Andy

Sponsored Links
If its a new house then it should be still clovered by the Developer's guarantee.

Call them back!

Tony

Is this a brand new house or a new house to yourself? ie moving into an existing property.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back