New house, low pressure in 2 rooms but not all

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a new house and having a bit of bother with the pressure in the cold. The kitchen, upstairs en suite and bathroom sink pressures are all good but the bath cold and a little utility cupboard sink feed (which washing machine is hooked to) are all a trickle.

Above the floor, there's no bolofixes are anything restricting flow. Problem is, the house is on level ground and there doesn't appear to be a floor hatch anywhere (or its been floored over by previous owner). I managed to pull up a board in the utility cupboard and it's only 8" deep.

A mate of mine's a plumber but he's not too great at problem solving tbh, shrugged his shoulders and said we'd need to get under the floor, but obviously I don't want to tear up 2 floors (bathroom is tanked wet room).
Where do we start?

Sponsored Links
Have you looked at the state of the tap washers/discs ? I would start there. If ok i would then be disconnecting the pipework, and put a hose on to see if pressure increases.

Have you checked the pressure? the pressure should be the same. but only if they come from the same supply,

If the standing pressure is the same, then you have a flow restriction.

It could be the taps with a trickle are on a tanked supply.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies - my mate came back around. Took cartridge out of tap and it was full of grit, others the same, looks like the main might be burst :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back