New house New problems. Cold Shower but why?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into a new house 2 days ago and all seemed well untill i tried to have a shower.

I have a combi boiler and apart from needing to balance radiators the central heating seems fine. ALL hot water taps are hot including the bath. But the mixer shower is luke warm despite turning to fully hot.

I`ve tried adjusting the flow but it doesnt seem to alter the heat. The pipes/valves i presume are behind a tiled wall and the genius who owned it before me has Tiled the bath panel so i cant get to under the bath to check unless i really need to.

Anyone got any ideas why shower would not be as hot as tap 4 ft below it?
surely the people before me didnt just had luke warm showers for years!!!!

Sponsored Links
Probably a silly question but does your shower have a maximum temp safety button ? usually a red button on the temp control side of the shower valve ?

I dont think so but i`ll have to look to make sure.

If it does its definetly not obvious as its a fancy sleek silver squared handle.

If it's thermostatic I wouldn't expect the flow to alter the temperature much.
Perhaps it's badly set up or the pipe inserts are missing. Or the HW inlet filter is blocked. Or the thermostat really is faulty.
What's the make of combi and shower mixer? Picture of it maybe?

Sponsored Links
yea def no safety button.

combi boiler is worcester c1

I`ll be able to post a pic of the shower tommorow.

If it is the hw inlet filter how do i change it? Ie what is it and what were will i find it?

That question makes sense to me.......

On the DHW inlet pipe where it connects to the mixer, or there abouts, it will look like a small mesh or plastic strainer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back