New kitchen - awkward cooker size/fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a new kitchen in my Grans old place. The plumbing skirts the walls around the kitchen on the surface. Cold feed, DHW and heating flow / return. Was going to have a free standing gas cooker. However with the pipework (looking at my own one) it wont push back to the wall.

Are there options that will allow this to work? Have no cabs or work tops in place as yet. Will a seperate Oven / Hob allow for the 30mm space needed behing the oven?

If i bing all the units forward to ompensate it buggers up the whole design across the adjacent wall.

Any help welcomed from those experienced in this.

Ta

Sponsored Links
Drop the pipework to below plinth level and you will easily fit a built in fan oven and hob as the pipework will be below the level of the oven housing.

Thats if the pipework runs horizontally at the back.

Alternatively stand the wall units off the wall using spacers and a deeper cutdown worktop scribed to the wall. A piece of worktop behind the range to fill the gap is an option.

Its hard to give the best option without images but come accross this situation loads of times and there is always an answer, Rangemaster cookers have a lot of space at the back pop to a showroom and measure one up at the back they do some nice 900 models.

Thanks,
Only got room for a 600mm oven. wnted to put a free standing in as will be rental accomodation. easy in and out for me if a problem arises.

5 pipes in all... heating flow / rtn 22mm, gas 22mm, and DHW and Cold mains. Cant get them all below plinth level.

Sponsored Links
If rental wouldnt dream of a free standing cooker !!!!

Hob in the worktop, electric single fan oven underneath all your problems solved.

Above is soooooooo easy to keep clean or clean when one tennant moves out and another moves in.

Speaking from experiance ignore at cost !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back